Senior Real Estate Accountant
Reputable Fully-Integrated Real Estate Firm
Fantastic career opportunity
About Our Client
My client is a privately held real estate and investment firm that seeks to provide exceptional risk-adjusted returns to its investor partners through superior development of opportunistic and value-added strategies. Since its formation in 1991, they have developed or invested in more than $3 billion worth of real estate projects. Well-established in the Real Estate industry, they are currently on an active search for a Senior Property Accountant to join their team in Dallas, TX.
- Accounting and reporting for Development and Operating projects
- Projects will include development accounting and partnership accounting
- Prepare monthly journal entries for assigned projects (accruals, COS, sales, etc)
- Monthly review of general ledger for accuracy and completeness in accordance with Income tax basis and or GAAP.
- Be the point person for the project and development managers for assigned projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with other Provident personnel on all matters relating to the projects.
- Monthly explanation of variances to budget within predefined thresholds.
- Prepare financial statements and reporting packages as required for lenders, partners and internal business leaders
- Set up and track fixed assets. Record depreciation and amortization for all operating projects.
- Preparation of annual Income tax basis and or GAAP operating budgets, development budgets and update forecasting.
- Prepare Project Cost Summaries showing status of construction on development properties.
- Record general and limited partners equity pick-ups, contributions and distributions related to investments in joint ventures as well as minority interest partners interest in projects.
- Accounting for property acquisitions and dispositions including waterfalls, as well as review and summarizing of related documents and preparation of journal entries, in accordance with Income tax basis and or GAAP.
- Recalculation of interest and journal for monthly debt service.
- Compliance with lender reporting requirements.
- Prepare monthly capital calls or distributions to each of the joint venture partners, as required.
- Preparation of monthly draw package for submission to lenders and record funding.
- Prepare annual audits.
- Ad hoc requests and special projects for Business leader, CFO and Controller
The Successful Applicant
- Adaptability-adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Desire to learn and accept new challenges.
- Problem solving-identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills-maintains confidentiality, displays a "can do" attitude.
- Promote a positive team spirit by giving and welcoming feedback as well as have the ability to interact and respect individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Planning/organizing-prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- 3+ years of experience, CPA preferred or CPA eligible
- Real Estate development and partnership accounting experience
- Real Estate software experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail oriented, organized, analytical, supervisory skills, possess knowledge of accounting and projection software, MS Excel
- Small company background.
What's on Offer
In return, my client are offering a competitive base salary, full benefits and 401K.