Senior Real Estate Accountant
Reputable Fully-Integrated Real Estate Firm
Fantastic career opportunity
About Our Client
A reputable name in the Real Estate and Development industry, our client is a significant owner/developer in Houston. They own, develop and manage a diverse portfolio throughout the U.S. and are presently undertaking a lot of projects, anticipating much growth in the next few years. This is an opportunistic time to join a fantastic firm in the Real Estate industry.
- Under minimal supervision, applies cash, accrual and full GAAP accounting principles to prepare, analyze, maintain and deliver complete and accurate financial reports for a highly complex or strategic portfolio of their clients and properties.
- Completes and oversees advanced level accounting transactions in preparation of client financial statement packages.
- Creates and posts journal entries.
- Ensures that all expenses, receipts, owner's distributions, funding requests and other transactions for the accounting period have been accurately posted.
- Generates and reviews financial packages for accuracy and comprehensive reporting.
- Prepares packages on a schedule to ensure timely delivery to the client and other management teams.
- Adheres to Client Accounting Policies and Procedures (CAPP) to ensure internal and external reporting requirements are consistently met.
- Reviews and audits funding and payment requests for accuracy, documentation and authorization in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Responds to and resolves issues and requests from management teams and clients regarding various accounting issues and reports, including Profit and Loss statements.
- Researches open accounting issues and recognizes potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can intercept and minimize issues.
- Creates or reviews complex property budgets and forecasting for assigned property portfolios. Participates in new property and client transitions, and client audit requests.
- Communicates requests for additional services from clients and the field to senior management and understands the scope of accounting services for the properties in portfolio.
- May oversee the completion of projects including independent preparation and review of CAM (Common Area Maintenance) reconciliations, purchase/sale proration, lease abstract analysis, property software setups, and opening/closing entry generations.
- Coordinates work with other team members within single point-of-contact (SPOC) guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree from a four-year college or university program with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field required.
- A minimum of four years prior accounting, finance or related experience required.
- Experience with Real Estate Accounting Software Preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Decisions made with understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations including an advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles to include accounting methods (cash, accrual, and full GAAP).
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills. Advanced knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products).
- Ability to work in multiple accounting software applications.
- Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines
What's on Offer
In return, my client are offering a very competitive offer, full benefits and 401K match.