Senior Real Estate Accountant
Reputable Fully-Integrated Real Estate Firm
Fantastic career opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a reputable Commercial Real Estate owner/developer based out of Houston, TX. They have a size-able portfolio of ground-up and value-add retail, entertainment, dining and office properties within Houston. This is a great opportunity to work with a great organization that values individuality and entrepreneurial mindsets and work alongside a strong team.
The ideal Senior Accountant will have roughly 5-7 years' experience working in the Real Estate industry, having exposure to financial modeling and underwriting of commercial properties.
* Enter accounting transactional data
* Enter invoices, cut checks and initiate draws for fund level expenses
* Enter and maintain payroll information
Reporting & Analysis
* Coordinate and maintain corporate, fund & property level financial information
* Prepare, review, distribute and maintain monthly and quarterly financial reports to investors, banks and other stakeholders via secure portal
* Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports
* Assist in the budget & reforecast process
* Track expenses and revenues vs. budget and reforecast and analyze fluctuations
* Create and update analysis reports
* Coordinate financials questions/answers among various stakeholders including ad-hoc analysis
* Maintain models for current real estate assets
* Develop models for prospective development and deals
* Assist Vice President with company budget and forecasting
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
- A minimum of four years prior accounting, finance or related experience required.
- Experience with Real Estate Accounting Software.
- Exposure to financial modeling via Argus or Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations including an advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles to include accounting methods (cash, accrual, and full GAAP).
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills. Advanced knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products).
- Ability to work in multiple accounting software applications.
- Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines
What's on Offer
In return, my client is offering competitive base salary, 401K and amazing health benefits.