- Excellent Opportunity with Growing CPG Company in Los Angeles
- Fast-paced environment with strong salary, bonus, benefits, & growth potential
About Our Client
The role takes place in a fast-paced and growing environment. The right fit for this role would be someone who considers themselves a team player, great multi-tasker, creative, communicative, and maintains a positive attitude.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Support the VP of Sales for the monthly "bottoms up" sales forecasting process. Prepare Month-to-date (MTD) and Year-to-date (YTD) sales reports by account / customer, MTD sales by account Vs forecast, MTD and YTD syndicated data by account, promotional overview by account and update MTD and YTD forecasting tracker.
- Act as liaison between the field sales team and all internal departments to manage project approval process. Work directly with the appropriate department contact (s) and manage project through completion.
- Partner with accounting to conduct monthly review and analysis of the department's fixed cost budgets.
- Provide monthly oversight and insight as to the status and forecast of the sales trade budget to the Sales VP.
- Under VP of Sales direction, allocates and tracks sales slotting budgets to ensure execution of the sales distribution commitments.
- Manage the annual commercial planning process by providing analytical support, manage project timelines and preparing for the annual sales meeting.
- Provide monthly communications to the field sales team regarding sales progress, syndicated data updates, and budget updates (trade/expense/slotting).
- Through syndicated data management, drive the sales gap opportunity process by identifying product distribution and pricing gap opportunities at the customer level utilizing standardized monthly reporting process.
- Act as the lead contact for the sales team and brokers.
- Manage the sample process and POS delivery.
- Utilize sales reporting tools and syndicated to provide standardized and ad hoc reporting.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Master at data analysis and use of excel and system data management
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Minimum 3 years experience in forecasting, demand planning, and/or Sales and Operations Planning
- Bachelor's degree
- APICS/CPIM certification is a plus but ot required
What's on Offer
- full-time, 40 hours per week
- Monday through Friday
- Generous benefits package