Senior Scientist Downstream, Process Development - Biologics
Leading CDMO based in Milford, MA
About Our Client
Our client is a leading contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO), focused exclusively on client projects and offering process development and manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
* Development of scale-able and robust downstream processes including process characterization, and/or technology transfer leading to clinical and commercial GMP manufacturing for multiple client projects meeting the project deliverables. * Design experiments related to development, optimization, scale-up of all steps in a monoclonal antibody and bispecific antibody purification process and viral clearance study, execute studies together with junior members
* Identify, evaluate, and implement new and existing technologies to improve process efficiency, control, and understanding
* Apply DOE and other advanced statistical techniques to design experiments related to process characterization
* Author high-quality documents, including technical reports, SOPs, and experimental protocols
* Serve as PD representative and participate in cross functional meetings
* Contribute to scale up activities and draft tech transfer related documents (e.g. process description, process flow diagram)
* Conduct facility fit exercise
* Review batch records and provide comments
* Support MFG floor activities
* Provide technical support (e.g. process/operational gap identification and troubleshooting) to MFG group
* Training and lead of associate scientists
* Present data at client project teams and written reports
* Contribute to the overall operations of process sciences lab and infrastructure improvements.
* Provide technical and strategic planning support to business development activities with respect to new client projects and new business initiatives
The Successful Applicant
* Ph.D. in life sciences or engineering with 5 to 8 years of relevant experience or equivalent BS/ MS experience.* Solid theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in protein purification and analytical characterization.
* Hands-on experience with purification unit operations including filtration, different mode chromatography, UF/DF, AKTA, UNICORN, centrifugation
* The candidate should be self-motivated, accountable, inquisitive, and have excellent organization and communication skills.
* Advanced ability with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Demonstrates ability to work both independently and as a member of local / global teams.
What's on Offer
* Competitive base salary and benefit package