Senior Scientist- Downstream Process Development
Great way to transition into a management role
Competitive compensation package
About Our Client
Full-service CDMO & top supplier in the field based on the quality of associated consulting activities and expertise in finding solutions.. Outsourcing partner for the bioprocess development, cGMP manufacturing as well as for the elaboration of approval strategies for your products. The quality of associated consulting activities, and expertise in finding solutions, we are among the top suppliers in our field.
Family owned and independent company. Company structure guarantees rapid decision-making and efficient, smooth-running processes, and consequently keeping project timelines. A focus on innovations and being on the cutting edge of technologies.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Development downstream processes with the ability to execute at scale (process characterization, and/or technology transfer) leading to clinical and commercial GMP manufacturing multiple projects and meeting the project deliverables
- Design experiments related to development with junior members to optimize, scale-up of all steps in a purification process/viral clearance study
- Identify, evaluate, and implement new and existing technologies to improve process efficiency, control, and understanding
- Apply DOE and other advanced statistical techniques to design experiments related to process characterization
- Author high-quality documents, including technical reports, SOPs, and experimental protocols
- Support MFG floor activities
- Provide technical support (e.g. process/operational gap identification and troubleshooting) to MFG group
- Training and leadership of associate scientists
- Present data at client project teams and written reports
- Provide technical and strategic planning support to business development activities with respect to new client projects and new business initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
- Ph.D. in life sciences or engineering with 5 to 8 years of relevant experience
- Solid theoretical knowledge/experience in protein purification and analytical characterization.
- Hands-on experience with purification unit operations including filtration, different mode chromatography, UF/DF, AKTA, UNICORN, centrifugation
- Self-motivated, accountable, inquisitive, and have excellent organization and communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to work both independently and as a member of local / global teams.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to meet client project deadlines.
- Flexibility of hours to support cell culture process over weekends and holidays. Weekend and holiday hours are compensated per HR company policies. * Flexibility to switch between project
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary, including bonus.Great for the candidate that wants to make the transition into management