- Fast-paced agile working environment for restaurant software
- Prevalent room for growth opportunity and excellent leadership in place.
About Our Client
We are an all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Our Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to help build the next generation restaurant booking system, based on the tried and true (and proven) system deployed at world-class restaurants such as Alinea, Next, The French Laundry, and more. As a Software Engineer, you will work with a team of developers and analysts who are logical, innovative and think out of the box. Our engineers have full-stack responsibilities from design, development, automated testing, and deployment.
We work in an agile environment, and have regular meetings where teammates share their ideas and thoughts. We are looking for a hands-on individual to be an integral part of the design, development, and adoption of an exciting new cloud-based higher education solution. Our team is pretty small and undergoing exponential growth, so there's a great opportunity for you to make a difference.
You will report directly to the Director of Engineering and will be a full-time remote position. All employees are working remotely at this time, as they're monitoring the status of COVID-19 and continue to build a full proof return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for their employees.
- You will participate in the design, development, and delivery of new platform and tooling solutions for the next generation of products.
- You will contribute to development, design and test automation best practices and procedures.
- This is Full-stack development position. Including data modeling/database, middleware, frontend UI, web-services, and deployment.
- Build next-generation web applications that are fast and responsive.
- Build features or enhancements, starting with engineering design taking it all the way to production with the support and mentorship of a senior engineer.
- Contribute to important team culture and contribute code to efforts across a fast-growing company
- Support, maintain and upgrade code and participate in implementation of a complex system
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 4 years of experience
- Experience in at least one of our areas of focus:
- Web application development
- Java application development
- Large software systems development
- Mobile application development (iOS or Android)
- A self-motivated individual who works well with little direction
- Enjoys being part of a team that works and learns together
- Has excellent communication skills
- Love making and building things as part of a growing team
What's on Offer
- Salary negotiable
- Individual and Company performance bonuses
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Mental Health awareness initiatives and offered programs
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match