Senior Superintendent - College/Life Science Construction
Excellent opportunity for a superintendent to work on exciting college projects
National GC with plenty of opportunity to grow and develop
About Our Client
Our client is a national GC recognized for building some iconic and exciting projects across North America. This position is to work on several key college construction projects in LA.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications.
- Creates, maintains construction schedule, identifies, and solves problems.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Has knowledge and experience with other trades scope of work.
- Can manage self-performed duties with labor team.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, and other employers.
- Prepares schedules and supervises completion of a final punch list.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Creates site logistic plans and maintains an organized, clean job site, including the construction office.
The Successful Applicant
- 4-year college degree preferred, but not required. Desirable study concentration in construction management.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of construction. Should be experienced in managing multiple projects.
- Organized with a systematic approach to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
What's on Offer
Excellent Salary and Benefits as well as a clear line of career progression.