Senior Superintendent - Commercial GC - Falmouth, MA
Top 400 ENR company
Well established New England General Contractor
About Our Client
This organization is very family-oriented, and has a tight-knit team. They focus on a variety of projects, with a large portfolio of multi-family, assisted living, healthcare, academic, and general commercial projects. The majority of their work is large, ground up projects.
The key responsibilities of this Senior Superintendent will be:
- Overseeing the Superintendents and directing project construction in accordance with the project documents (plans, specifications, submittals, etc.).
- Supervise Superintendents with respect to coordination of subcontractor scopes of work utilizing scope review meetings, preparatory meetings, and subcontractor meetings to ensure consistent effective communication, high quality workmanship, and completion on schedule.
- Assist Superintendents with managing permitting and inspection efforts with code officials to achieve scheduled project occupancy and ensure the work is code compliant.
- Mentor, train, and manage Senior Superintendents, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Project Engineers, Foreman, Carpenters and Interns.
- Be point of contact with Owners, Design Teams, and Subcontractors to develop relationships based upon a fair, reasonable, and trustworthy approach to the project.
- Proactively support Superintendents and train them to provide leadership and guidance to subcontractors to develop functional project teams which proactively identify and resolve challenges arising during construction.
- Participate in preconstruction project efforts such as constructability reviews, schedule development, pricing and subcontractor scope reviews.
- Assist with the development and mentoring project management employees, including conducting employee evaluations.
- Actively participate in project meetings with client, staff, and subcontractors
The Successful Applicant
The person specification for this Senior Superintendent will be:
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the overall construction industry.
- Effective as a team member and overall team builder.
- Strong Leadership and management abilities and skills.
- Capable of leading and managing craft and non-craft employees.
- Understanding financial operations and overall project costs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems.
- OSHA 30 Certification and ability to effectively manage a safe work environment and supervise others to accomplish the same.
- 10+ years of experience as a construction superintendent.
If this role sounds like something you could be a good fit for, hit apply and upload your resume for quick consideration!
What's on Offer
This organization is looking to offer a salary between $130,000-$160,000, depending on experience. This organization also offers an excellent benefits package.