- Industry leading general contractor delivering quality projects since 1992
- Dynamic leadership, inclusive culture, excellent project delivery, career growth
About Our Client
Founded in 1992, the general contractor specializes in office interiors, retail, life science, ground up, cleanrooms/labs, data centers, healthcare, industrial, government, and pharmaceuticals. They have a strong focus on culture and servicing their clients over increasing company headcount. They generate $MM annual gross revenue, and deliver exception service to their clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Others May Be Assigned.
- Effectively schedules subcontractor labor resources, client subcontractors, and city inspections to maintain project schedules.
- Oversees subcontractor performance to ensure project progresses on schedule, within prescribed budget, and according to plans and specifications.
- Ensures the job site is free of safety hazards, enforces safety protocols with all people and their equipment on site, and works with the appropriate personnel to maintain a clean job site.
- Makes sure the daily activities of the project are coordinated properly with the subcontractors and client prior to work commencing and ensures the job is secured upon completion of work.
- Maintain, update, and distribute the MS Project schedule on a weekly basis.
- Is proactive to resolve issues with the appropriate parties involved; including submitting RFI's to the proper parties with a proposed solution.
- Communicates daily with the client on current progress and planned activities.
- Serves as main contact for customer.
- Confers with project managers regarding technical issues and to resolve problems.
- Promotes quality control standards of the company.
- Order materials needed for project completion within the estimated budget.
- Verifies prior to installation that materials, finishes, and patterns match plans and submittals.
- Coordinate the collection of complete plan drawings & marks ups and maintains as-built drawings.
- Consults with clients, peers, subcontractors, or other individuals (including General Superintendent) to discuss and resolve issues.
- Maintain guidelines of the Injury & Illness Prevention Plan.
- Collect owner & subcontractor MSDS sheets.
- Completes a preliminary punch list before the Owner or PM punch list, and completes final punch list before the scheduled completion date.
- Respond to voice mails and emails within the same business day.
- Accountable for all paperwork required in the weekly Documentation Log by Tuesday morning.
- Takes existing and weekly progress pictures of the project and upload to share drive and copy GS.
- Completes Daily Report forms on a daily basis for each project being overseen.
- If provided a company vehicle, ensures that it is operated safely at all times and maintained for reliability and cleanliness.
- Meet standards relating to quality and timeliness.
- Drive projects through to meet deadlines and solve whatever problems and overcome obstacles without letting the deadline or accuracy of the job falter.
- Ensure safety requirements are carried out and enforced at all project sites.
- Responds to phone messages and e mails in a timely manner.
- Manage time, prioritize, and delegate appropriate responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with management on issues regarding cost overruns, paperwork deficiencies, subcontractor performance, and schedule delays and problems.
- Demonstrate good judgment and company confidentiality at all times in all aspects of the position.
- Evaluate current processes and systems and make recommendations for new ways of doing things.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or 3-5 years of carpentry experience (Journeyman level); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions within groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Critical Technical Requirements
- Must be able to read blueprints, contracts, and construction documents.
- Must be detailed oriented
- Clear understanding of clean room protocol
- Must have a rudimentary knowledge of construction tools, equipment, processes, and techniques.
- Strong communication (both written and oral)
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and bonus structure
Health insurance - vision, dental, medical
Strong benefits package