Senior Superintendent - Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences
Top ENR Construction Manager with international parent company
Exciting, headline local projects and above market compensation
About Our Client
Michael Page has been retained by a national construction management firm with a storied history in the Carolina's market. With an established presence in Raleigh-Durham, the office builds predominantly in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and commercial markets in the RTP and surrounding area, with work typically $20M - $40M range but have built $100M projects. Since the business has focused on its core markets, they have proven market stability during any economic turns. The business is seeking a Senior Superintendent with a track record in pharma or life science construction to join the team and report into the VP of Operations.
Please apply below now for immediate consideration or contact Harry directly at 617-8247-2662.
Reporting into the Vice President of Operations, the Senior Superintendent - Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences will be responsible for the following:
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with subcontractors to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries. Manage the site through completion.
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues.
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications.
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards.
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Superintendent - Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences will have the following attributes:
- 10+ years as a Superintendent for a general contractor
- Proven project experience in the Pharma or biotech markets of $20M+
- Comfortable leading projects and managing a large project team including other Superintendents, interfacing with owners as needed
- Bachelors Degree preferred but not required
- Strong oral communication and written skills
- Proficiency in software Viewpoint, BIM, Prolog, etc. is a plus
- OSHA 30 Hr Certification required
- local to Raleigh-Durham, although candidates who are relocating will be considered
What's on Offer
The successful Senior Superintendent - Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences will receive:
- Base salary depending on experience, $115,000-$135,000
- Full benefits package complete with Health, Vision, Dental insurance, 401k match
- Company vehicle and gas card
- Yearly bonus based on individual and project team performance
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing business and market leader!