Senior Technical Accounting Manager
Join a Global Business, Overseeing Technical Accounting Team
Excellent opportunity to grow with the business
About Our Client
The Senior Technical Accounting Manager would join one of the worlds largest healthcare companies located in Boston. As one of the longest running healthcare companies in Massachusetts, they offer stability and career development. The Senior Technical Accounting Manager will be expected to participate in all major financial decisions of the business, improve processes to drive growth and enhance efficiency while managing and developing the team under you. If this sounds like a position you would be interested in, please read on and apply.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Senior Technical Accounting Manager will be responsible for general accounting functions including, but not limited to:
- Evaluate all of the following: business combinations (ASC 805), capitalized software (ASC 350), debt (ASC 470), investments (ASC 321), leases (ASC 842), capitalized cost to fulfill a contract (ASC 340-40), capitalized website development (ASC 340), asset impairments and sales (ASC 360), performance-based and non-performance-based stock awards (ASC 718), contingent liabilities (ASC 450), and various other technical matters
- Reconcile GAAP to Non-GAAP reporting on a quarterly basis
- Own the preparation of all required quarterly and annual financial statements
- Primary reviewer in a variety of monthly entries and reconciliations
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management
The Successful Applicant
- CPA Certification
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Master's Degree a plus
- 6+ years of technical accounting experience at a public accounting firm
What's on Offer
The Senior Technical Accounting Manager will enjoy a competitive salary and bonus potential along with Medical, Vision and Dental coverage, PTO, Plus Holidays among other benefits. If you are interested, please apply or call me at (617) 824-2661.