Senior Vice President, AML/BSA Officer
Great leadership opportunity
Amazing financial services firm with excellent growth
About Our Client
Global Financial Institution
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This position is responsible for overall BSA/AML compliance, coordinating and monitoring day-to-day BSA/AML compliance throughout the organization. Participates in the creation, implementation, administration and enforcement of all policies, procedures and processes required for the organization to operate in accordance with the BSA AML and Sanctions laws and regulations that govern the banking industry. Serves as the BSA Compliance Officer developing and maintaining the BSA AML Program for the organization and overseeing the adherence to all established AML controls. The incumbent in this position will serve as the primary person on all BSA AML examinations, internal and external audits and remediation and other projects that are complex and require significant expertise in banking and compliance.
- Manage all aspects of the BSA/AML Compliance Program and monitor the bank's adherence to the established BSA/AML controls. Advise the Chief Compliance Officer on changes to regulatory BSA AML and Sanctions requirements and standards and changes to banking practices and emerging risk management techniques particularly in the AML area. Serves as BSA Compliance Officer and maintains, as current, the Bank's BSA AML Compliance Program as well as all applicable AML Policies and Procedures. Conducts AML Investigations and reviews as necessary.
- Develops and maintains the BSA AML Compliance Program, policies and procedures. Advises and assist the Business with the development and implementation of BSA AML as well as other associated compliance policies and procedures.
- Conducts periodic AML reviews and advises on existing policies and procedures throughout the organization to ensure conformity with global standards. Reports findings to the Chief Compliance Officer who will make final decisions on escalated Financial Crimes Compliance matters.
- Is a member of Compliance Committee and will report on all BSA AML matters throughout the organization as well as to Head Office. Assists the Chief Compliance Officer in providing input and representation on key compliance initiatives, meetings and committees. Stays abreast of industry and compliance trends; recommends and implements changes to internal company processes as needed.
- Communicate effectively while acting as a Branch contact for various regulatory authorities and industry associations. Create and upkeep excellent relations with all regulators.
- Conduct staff awareness including all AML regulatory requirements for the staff in order to develop banking and compliance knowledge. Conduct targeted AML training as new/revised applicable laws and regulations may require. Excellent communication and harmonious relations with staff at all levels is fundamental in order to fully understand each department's projects and processes and be understood when explaining compliance matters to have them implemented as needed.
- Keep current with AML Practices- Self trains, attends seminars and researches matters related to BSA AML as well as other compliance regulations and market practices in the banking industry, and consult with AML Compliance in order to maintain abreast of AML and Compliance practices and provide guidance and coaching to the AML staff.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12-15 years of relevant work experience
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base and Bonus
- Excellent PTO
- Medical, Dental, Vision