- Award Winning General Contractor
- Opportunity to Grow to Chief Estimator!
About Our Client
My client is an award-winning, well-respected general contracting company that has been providing stellar construction services on institutional, commercial and government facilities in the Metropolitan Washington area for more than 60 years. My client's expertise is in high-profile, complex projects for both public and private sector customers. Headquartered in the Washington metropolitan area, my client specializes in building new facilities as well as renovations, restorations and modernization of large-scale commercial, institutional and government buildings, including offices, universities/schools, courthouses, laboratories, data centers, multi-family residential properties, performing arts centers, embassies, monuments and museums. Great company culture and reputation!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Sitework Estimator will be responsible for:
- Sitework Estimating
- Scope of project
- Securing new work
- Assisting engineers with change orders
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Sitework Estimator will have:
- Experience with earthwork, sitework, hardscape, landscape, sheeting and shoring, soil input and export, other trades like concrete would be a plus but sitework is most important
- 7+ years Estimating Experience
- Hard bid experience
- Experience with take off-pricing for a larger GC or specialty contractor
- Experience estimating the sitework package for a 20-100M commercial project i.e. a school, recreation center, etc.
- This person should not be afraid of hammering the phones and coordinating with subs to get working prices on bids
- In the short term this person will be responsible for estimating site work packages but this person will have the opportunity to grow into a chief estimator and lead projects
What's on Offer
- 401k with employer contribution
- 2 weeks + PTO
- Medical and Dental insurance