Special Projects Superintendent
Exciting projects with a regional general contractor
Clear professional development path
About Our Client
My client is a Regional GC who specializes in tenant improvement on commercial projects. They are known for high quality and has a strong pipeline of work across the country with plenty of opportunity for growth.
Responsibilities Will Include But Will Not Be Limited To:
- Reports to the Superintendent and assists as required in formulating a production schedule for the project.
- Becomes familiar with the project prior to the start by reading plans and specifications and relating them to the building site.
- Reviews contract documents signed by suppliers and subcontractors; and maintains a list of names, addresses, and telephone numbers of all subcontractors and suppliers.
- As directed by the Superintendent, supervisors and coordinates personnel and activities as required to meet production schedules and to conform to plans, specifications, and quality standards.
- Recommends disciplinary action to the Superintendent as appropriate.
- Ensures that adequate safety precautions are taken in all phases of the project to protect the lives and health of all workers and visitors, as well as to protect the equipment and material used in the construction process.
- Handles requisition forms, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate log on phone calls, meetings, SWPPP log, daily log, and discussions; checks materials when they arrive at the job site; and maintains an accurate filing system.
The Successful Applicant
- 4+ years of field experience, preferably in tenant improvement construction
- Experience in managing multiple employees
- Combination of education and experience to be able to perform the essential duties of the position
- Knowledge of industry methods of scheduling, contracting, cost reporting, safety, and quality
- Ability to understand and implement the technical aspects of construction
- Ability to manage, coach, lead and train subordinates
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Benefits including medical, bonus and 401k
- Potential to grow within company, with consistent pipeline of projects leading into 2019
- Mentorship from project management