- Fast growing biotechnology firm; leader in their space
- Dynamic work environment & fantastic long-term growth
About Our Client
The Biotechnology Firm is one of the fastest growing biotechnology firms in the country. Located in the Germantown, MD area, our client uses cutting edge technology to manufacture and develop progressive solutions that further more are used on a widespread scale. Our client has strong leadership at the top - and are led by several doctors with decades of experience and strong understanding of science behind the technology and product. The Biotechnology Firm is poised to grow dramatically over the next few quarters, and have a strong cash position to accommodate that growth. The Sr. Accounting Manager will be poised to hire and develop their own team within 2022 as well.
- Responsible for all accounting and finance activities in North America
- Responsible for all subsidiaries in accordance with US GAAP
- Will conduct and oversee general accounting activities including month end close, forecasting, etc.
- Will oversee all financial planning and budgeting for North America
- Assist both operations and R&D teams with financial advice/guidance
- Ensure firm has processes in place that promote SOX compliance
- Provide strong technical accounting advice to CFO and board
- Manage external audit process
- Hire and build out Finance team in North America
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Audit experience within pharmaceutical/life sciences preferred
- CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of SEC reporting & SOX compliance preferred
- Previous experience overseeing start to finish accounting process preferred
What's on Offer
- Excellent compensation package
- WFH flexibility - 1 day a week on-site
- Brand new facility/cutting edge technology
- Rewarding work, excellent team culture