- Leads out-licensing efforts for preclinical assets and partnering strategy.
- Global Machine Learning/AI biotech company which optimizes drug discovery.
About Our Client
2014 founded, this global organization is a complex AI drug discovery company in the small molecules space. This company has found significant growth due to strategic partnerships across biotech, pharma, and academia from its end-to-end, machine learning pharma-technology.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Responsible for scouting, due diligence, negotiation, and execution of BD deals by working closely with our CBO, management, business development, R&D, AI, legal, and finance teams, as well as external parties. Responsible for alliance management post-deal closing.
- Collect market, business and technical info and develop business insights.
- Assist CBO on M&A deals and other strategic partnerships.
- Lead multiple deal processes in parallel from initiation through term sheet and close
- Adeptly engage multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams to conduct deal diligence and creative problem solving in ways that drive transactions to completion
- Present transaction proposals and updates to senior executives and Board
- Deploy industry best practices to standardize BD processes for company
- Serve as expert counsel to business leaders across the company on deal strategy
The Successful Applicant
- BS Degree in Life Sciences
- 5-10 years of experience in the biotech/biopharma ecosystem. Direct experience with startups, small biotechs, big pharmas, and academia related to Business Development.
- Proven track record in business development / client partnership facing role within the biopharmaceuticals space including out-licensing, collaboration and/or service deals.
- Sophisticated understanding of drug development (discovery to commercialization) and/or biomanufacturing.
- AI/Machine learning in life sciences is preferred.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary.
- Extremely capable, high-tech AI drug discovery/biotech company provider with a significant base of partnerships.
- Discovery site soon to be launched in Boston.
- Remote based, ideally on East Coast.
- Strong annual bonus incentive.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Pivotal role for company's aggressive expansion - early BD hire directly responsible for expanding the company's strategic growth.