- Great Opportunity to Join an Industry Leader in Electrical/Electronics
- Position Requires to be Onsite
About Our Client
Our Client is a global leader in electrical wiring devices, lighting energy management solutions, networking solutions, security, home automation and commercial data infrastructure products. Their product line includes more than 25,000 devices for virtually every conceivable residential, commercial and industrial wiring device need.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Works across multiple Business Units to understand strategies and provide advice on new product development efforts to ensure feasibility with regulatory guidelines and suggests, if necessary, alternate solutions to ensure compliance
- Develops and works to implement new Codes in support of Business Unit objectives
- Represents company at industry meetings (i.e. UL, NEMA, NFPA, CSA and CANENA)
- Interprets relevant standards and test requirements for new and existing products and works to ensure these are available internally or makes recommendations on outside resources
- Works with company's labs and factories to ensure necessary testing is in place to meet NRTL certification and ongoing compliance
- Represents the industry, and specifically business interests, on NEMA, CSA and UL Technical Committees and NEC panels
- Works to integrate standards across North America for both existing and new products.
- Advises Business Units and legal department on regulatory trends, changes, and considerations to ensure product acceptance is realized and preferred in local jurisdictions.
- Actively participates in assessing concepts and participates in design reviews as required.
- Supports analysis and response to complaints from outside parties including the US Consumer Product Safety Commission
The Successful Applicant
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) required. Master's degree preferred
- 5 years' experience working with third party compliance and/or Standards organizations
- Experience in products central to company's businesses highly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of worldwide electrical safety standards
- Approvals processes and working knowledge of the Code making process (NEC, NFPA)
- Experience with the NFPA, UL, CSA, IEC, and NEMA
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strategic thinking, diplomacy, and negotiation skills are required
- Ability to clearly articulate plans and influence others
- Extremely well organized, capable of prioritizing, and willing to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while working in a matrixed environment
- Up to 20%
What's on Offer
- Bonus Elgible Position!
- Comprehensive health and insurance benefits
- Paid Vacation time