- Leading Global Automotive Supplier
- Highly Visible Customer Facing role for High Performance Automotive
About Our Client
Our client for the Sr. Engineering Manager opportunity is a global leading automotive supplier. This company has a strong history and track record and continues to be a market leader in the ever-changing automotive industry. With a committed effort to R&D and innovation they continue to be a market leader paving the way in the new automotive connected and electrified era.
The Sr. Engineering Manager will report to the Director of Engineering and New Product Introduction and oversee an engineering team of 15 people including 5 direct reports. This team is focused on low volume design and manufacturing of high-performance custom-tailored products for automotive performance for motorsport and aftermarket. The Engineering Manager will be customer facing and have ownership of the opportunity pipeline as well. This position is located in Southern California. Relocation is required. Relocation assistance is provided.
- Manage the engineering team for aftermarket and performance products for design and manufacturing
- Manage the own the product pipeline working in a customer facing capacity
- Own the technical roadmap and product pipeline for future readiness for motorsport and performance products
- Lead, mentor, guide and develop the engineering and operations teams
- Own the performance product P&L globally
- Product technical customer support
- Responsible for technical product development, strategy, and financial analysis working with the Project Management team to ensuring execution to project timelines
- Lead Design reviews and Testing
- Support and develop the annual operating plan of resources and expenditures
- Develop, guide, mentor, and develop/define roles and responsibilities for engineering and operations team
- Develop electrification roadmap for performance products
- Provide technical and engineering support for a portion of OEM customers
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required in Engineering (Mechanical Preferred)
- 10 years of experience in automotive engineering design roles
- 3 years of management experience leading an engineering team
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with competing and changing priorities
- Experience in customer facing roles working with all levels of customer contacts dealing with complex engineering issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills verbal and written with open and direct communication style
- Ability to influence and coach management and leadership team
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential business and employee information.
- Ability to travel 30% internationally
What's on Offer
Base salary $180,000 - $210,000, annual bonus, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays, etc. Being a part of a fast paced growing global automotive supplier investing into electrification. Highly visible global role working with high tech automotive products for prestigious customers. Relocation package available if not local.