- Leading Global Automotive Supplier
- Highly visible role leading an Automotive maintenance team of 45-50
About Our Client
Our client for the Sr. Maintenance Manager opportunity is a global automotive supplier with over 20,000 employees and close to 100 locations globally. This organization has a strong product portfolio that will continue to service the legacy automotive market and is heavily investing and is currently a major player in the future of automotive in the electric vehicle space.
The Sr. Maintenance Manager will be responsible for leading a total team of 45-50 people including 5 direct reports. The Sr. Maintenance Manager will report to the Plant General Manager and work cross functionally with other teams including quality, manufacturing, and operations. This person will look to drive innovative changes and strategies to this facility in regard to plant layout, machinery (existing and new machinery and equipment), and other measures to drive maximum efficiency and output.
- Lead the plant maintenance department with a reactive and proactive approach leveraging the current team's knowledge and experience while bringing innovative ideas and strategies to implement
- Lead, develop, mentor and supervise a high performing facilities and maintenance team
- Work closely with cross functional teams - quality, engineering, operations and R&D
- Ensure plant technical processes are reliable meeting legal and internal standards
- Drive cost effective strategies
- Lead plant infrastructure projects
- Drive continuous improvement, lean, six sigma methodologies
- Support the specification and development of new production equipment based on lessons learned from maintenance. Contribute to continuous improvement for existing equipment and processes
- Define and contribute to generation and application of best practices in maintenance
- Plan required resources and budget for fulfilling maintenance tasks
- Ensure that all relevant internal and external norms and standards (ISO/IATF) are applied
- Contribute to improvement of plant carbon footprint
- Ensure compliance with HSE legislation; apply policies and processes; provide healthy, safe and environmentally friendly workplaces to develop a safer plant
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required; Engineering degree highly preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in plant maintenance engineering within automotive (preferred), industrial manufacturing, CPG, food and beverage, or a similar high past manufacturing environment
- 3 - 5 years of management experience leading teams
- IATF 16949, ISO 45001, ISO 14001
- Experience driving Continuous Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma, Toyota Production Systems methods
- Experience working in a global matrix organization with global stakeholders highly preferred
- Familiar with product manufacturing, fabrication processes, production and quality standards, and HSE (Health and Safety)
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with SAP - preferred, but not required
- Business minded and strong teamwork
- Strong communication skills, time management skills, and a customer focused mindset.
- Strong work ethic and high attention to detail
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary - $130,000 - $160,000 depending on experience, bonus 20%, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays, full relocation package. Being a part of a growing and innovative company.