- Reporting directly to the CHRO
- Highly visible and impactful role, hybrid schedule
About Our Client
Our client for the Sr. Manager Total Rewards opportunity is well-respected research and development technology organization. The Sr. Manager Total Rewards will report to the CHRO - Chief Human Resources Officer and have high visibility to the executive leadership team including the CEO. The Sr. Manager Total Rewards will be responsible for the overall strategy, development, and execution of the total rewards program. This person will ensure the organization is an employer of choice with all things benefits, rewards, and health and welfare.
- Develop and implement overall total rewards and benefits strategy that aligns with the company's strategic plan and vision ensuring it is a recruiting and retention tool while also being fiscally responsible.
- Look for new benefits offerings and evaluate current benefits to make enhancements and improvements
- Be hands on and available to resolve employees' questions and issues regarding benefits and offerings
- Partner with benefits broker and provider
- Stay abreast on legislation, industry standards, compliance requirements incorporating standards into policies
- Manage Total Rewards team including hiring, training, mentoring and development of team members
- Oversee the benefits programs including analysis, market competitiveness, cost-efficiency, and policies.
- Work with executive leadership team presenting new ideas and the impact on the employees and organization
- Responsible for the overall audit of benefit plans for compliance with plan documents, policies, and government regulations (e.g. ERISA, ACA, FMLA, ADAAA, and other legislative requirements; coordinate preparation of regulatory filings with federal and state agencies, including IRS, DOL, and other regulatory agencies)
- Drive and own contract negotiations and relationships with partners and broker
- Partner to ensure benefits administration system and technology enhancements are updated as needed in HRIS.
- Maintain and keep up to date with government regulations and rules regarding benefits and compliance
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for the Workday Human Capital Management system
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related
- Masters degree and PHR, SPHR preferred
- 10 years of experience in employee benefits, compensation, and total rewards
- Prior management and/or supervisory experience highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of employee benefits and leave of absence policies, practices and applicable laws.
- Prior experience developing compensation plans, pay equity, rewards and bonus programs
- Strong knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, IRC, PPACA, FMLA (and other federal, state and local leave laws), ADA/FEHA, Workers Compensation, and other applicable federal and state regulations.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills to drive relevant and critical initiatives
- Experience working with a global company highly preferred
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and strong presentation skills
- Proven experience working independently working through complex benefits issues
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary 150,000 - $190,000, full benefits, 401K, PTO, holidays, hybrid role working 3-4 days a week from home, working in a highly visible role to executive leadership reporting to the CHRO.