- Client is an Industry Leader in Innovative Sealing Technology
- Client is Actively Hiring for the Role
About Our Client
Our Client specializes in the design and manufacturing of engineered resilient metal seals and sealing systems for OEMs and subcontractor partners throughout the world.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Work with the site team and operators to establish stable and repeatable manufacturing processes. Solve real time problems in processing with equipment and tooling. Implement workable solutions in both the short and long term so that failure modes are effectively understood and eliminated. Support the development of all internal drawings and process control documentation for all new processes including work instructions, inspection plans, and engineering prints.
- Project Management - Some guidance on project objectives and technical approach are provided but autonomous execution is expected. Projects are independently led and involve improvement and/or development of products, processes, techniques and fundamental knowledge and can be several months to years in duration. The incumbent is required to develop and present presentations for management/executive review and will be required to independently create and submit technical reports on project progress and results.
- Use Solidworks software as required to design/modify and detail machining fixtures, tooling, and stampings tools. Select the correct geometry, material and finishes based on internal guidelines and safety reviews. Ensure that the design meets customer print and specification requirements as required, and that the designs are optimized for safety, manufacturability, assembly, and production use with little to no supervision. Provide support to production and the tool room with tool/fixture designs, modifications, or assembly. Communicate the intent of the design or assembly to ease installation and use.
- Regulatory documentation for validation, CAPA, and procedures. Oral and written communication is expected to be concise and scientifically relevant and accurate as well as adaptable to a variety of audiences.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years' experience working in an Engineering capacity in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated project leadership/management and team collaboration
Proven track record of project development and management.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good interpersonal skills
- Strong Solid Works/AutoCAD skills for designing tools and fixtures
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office programs
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with codes and legal regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering principles, theories, and applications
- Lean-Six Sigma Green Belt
What's on Offer
- Benefits (Health Insurance, Dental, Vision)
- 401k Company Match
- Bonus Eligible Role