- Leading Global Automotive Supplier
- Highly visible role leading an Automotive quality team of 45-50
About Our Client
Our client for the Sr. Manufacturing Engineering Manager opportunity is a global automotive supplier with over 20,000 employees and close to 100 locations globally. This organization has a strong product portfolio that will continue to service the legacy automotive market and is heavily investing and is currently a major player in the future of automotive in the electric vehicle space.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading a team of 45-50 people including advanced manufacturing engineers, project engineers, production engineers, maintenance, and tooling engineers. The Sr. Manufacturing Engineering Manager will develop and implement manufacturing processes and standards for a manufacturing plant with over 1,000 employees. This person will report to the Plant General Manager with high visibility to the VP of Operations globally and to the greater executive management team. Full relocation package is offered is needed for nonlocal candidates.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Lead manufacturing engineering for the plant developing and implementing processes and standards aligned with the global manufacturing engineering strategy
- Lead, develop, mentor and supervise a high performing engineering team
- Work closely with cross functional teams - maintenance, quality, engineering, and R&D
- Ensure manufacturing engineering processes are sustainable driving process improvement
- Ensure new product introduction launch process is efficient, scalable, and repeatable
- Assess and make suggestion on technology and equipment improvements to increase productivity
- Partner closely with R&D and Engineering to ensure design for manufacture
- Drive continuous improvement, lean, six sigma methodologies
- Assess and make improvements and changes balancing automation and manual processes
- Ensure a safe working environment complying with HSE regulations and standards (health and safety)
- Ensure application of ISO and IATF standards internal and external
- Ensure team is properly staffed and continue to improve strength of talent within department
- Work closely with suppliers and customers addressing quality and customer compliant issues
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required; Engineering degree highly preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in manufacturing engineering and quality within automotive (preferred), industrial manufacturing, CPG, food and beverage, or a similar high past manufacturing environment
- 3 - 5 years of management experience leading teams
- IATF 16949, APQP, PPAP, PFMEA
- Experience driving Continuous Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma, Toyota Production Systems methods
- Experience working in a global matrix organization with global stakeholders highly preferred
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with SAP - preferred, but not required
- Business minded and strong teamwork
- Strong communication skills, time management skills, and a customer focused mindset.
- Fluent in English is required
- ISO14001, ISO9001
- Strong work ethic and high attention to detail
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary - $130,000 - $160,000 depending on experience, bonus 20%, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays, full relocation package. Being a part of a growing and innovative company.