- Our Client is an Industry Leader in the Renewable Energy Sector
- Great Opportunity to Join a Global Renewable Energy Organization
About Our Client
Our Client is a global industry leader in renewable energy generation, catering to industry and energy applications.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Detailed System Performance Modeling/Analysis (flow, temperature, pressure, etc.).
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design and/or specify mechanical components for hydrogen generator products, specifically considering design for manufacture/design to cost.
- Mechanical and automatic control specifications to meet operational performance requirements.
- Define specifications for ancillary equipment to support core technology; specifically water purification, instrument air, thermal control systems, chillers and HVAC.
- Develop operational specifications for both direct pipeline, compression and storage applications.
- Top level engineering document development (P&ID, PFD, System requirements, System compliance verification, etc.).
- Manage customization requests to standard products, including documentation release.
- Prototype Test Definition, Build & Test Support.
- Evaluate overall mechanical system safety design per US and international codes and standards.
- Support system and customer HAZOP activities.
- Support Serial Production Unit builds.
- Escalation point for Field Issues.
- Detailed Root Cause Analysis including test protocol development and issue resolution implementation.
- Implement product changes and retrofits based on field feedback.
- Special projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 7 to 10 years of industry related experience. Hydrogen systems (preferred), chemical processing, gas and liquid delivery, cooling and chilling, or water purification systems).
- Commercial products or plant design experience preferred.
- Expert on complex systems, preferably having an intimate knowledge of gas and liquid plumbing, cooling and HVAC system design and of mass and thermal balance physics in engineered systems.
- Demonstration of experience in selecting and sizing: heat exchangers, pumps, fittings, pressure vessels, fans, controls, 3-phase electricity, drives and understand the governing design codes and standards for those devices.
- Demonstration of experience simplifying designs, reducing costs and increasing the value of engineered systems.
- Understanding of sub-system operational characteristics and potential interactions that influence overall product/system performance.
- Experience with FMEA and reliability analyses techniques.
- Motivated self-starter with high level of initiative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to manage subsystem developments, including defining requirements and milestones and executing independently.
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Limited travel could be required to vendor or customer sites.
What's on Offer
- Comprehensive health and insurance benefits
- Paid Vacation time