Sr Program Manager/Director - Molecular Diagnostics
Sole PM to run product envelopment programs and manage key relationships
Molecular diagnostics start-up with significant funding and government backing
About Our Client
Our latest client is a molecular diagnostics business which has recently received FDA Emergency Use Authorization for its lead device. This complex product is an exciting, novel product directly used in efforts against COVID-19. The company is a dynamic 40 person start-up which has significant funding, government backing, and a fantastic pipeline.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Creates and executes integrated project and resource plans for a small number of new product development projects. Spends portfolio budget to plan and actively makes tradeoff decisions between schedule, scope and resources to stay within boundaries of Portfolio and Project contracts.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with team members. Anticipates project road blocks, delays and risks, utilizes appropriate escalation and communication techniques to resolve issues. Provides regular updates and project summaries to R&D management and other key stakeholders.
- Apply best practices for program management in initiation, planning, development, tracking and execution of programs.
- Create and maintain program plan documentation.
- Develop and track program budgets.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings including: creating agendas, writing minutes, drafting action items and follow ups.
- Manage flow of communication between all stakeholders to ensure execution of program strategy.
- Facilitate resolution of issues adversely impacting programs.
- Compile metrics and reports to provide updates to senior management.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a Scientific discipline, M.S., Ph.D., or M.B.A. preferred
- A minimum of three years experience in project engineering project management, or program management, strongly preferred in the IVD/diagnostics industry
- Capable of multi-tasking, organized, excellent time management skills.
- Must have experience managing projects across functions
- Must have experience supporting new product introduction
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- PMP certification a plus.
What's on Offer
- Growth opportunity - reports up to Senior Management with opportunities for promotion
- Fast paced position supporting multiple functions
- Strong base salary
- Competitive benefits package
- Significant funding and very promising pipeline
- Exciting, novel product directly related to fight against COVID-19