- Cutting edge biopharmaceutical company in extreme growth mode
- Lead and support capital projects to execute the master site plan
About Our Client
Our latest client is a publicly-held, global biotechnology company based in the MA Norfolk county that focuses on mRNA R&D to generate life-changing therapies. In 2022, the fast growing business plans on expanding to markets around the world.
- Oversee design, construction, commissioning, qualification (if applicable) and readiness workstreams for each assigned project
- Ensures that projects are of high quality, are completed on schedule and remain within budget
- Directs design and construction management activities including capital planning, budgeting, designer selection, design review, project management, dispute resolution and any legal issues
- Working closely with procurement, direct the bid evaluation and contract award processes and coordinate the negotiation of contracts with general contractors, and oversight of construction management activities
- Manage all external design team professionals from project inception through completion and ensure they produce thorough and accurate drawings which comply with all established standards
- Review all construction drawing documents and specifications, coordinating necessary reviews with business unit representatives and regulatory authorities
- Coordinate with Facilities Management to insure efficient and timely turnover of space for effective operations, including a maintenance and calibration package
- Oversee relationship with the local municipality authorities for project permitting and other business related to site improvements
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 7 years of relevant experience working with construction capital projects or 5+ years with MS.
- A professional degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management is preferred.
- Excellent negotiation, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates strategic enterprise thinking, finding innovative ways to deliver results, and build trust
- Must possess outstanding communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills and the ability to work with enterprise-wide information systems
- Ability to interact well with other groups and must be able to take ownership of and follow through on assignments. Must be able to drive results on multiple complex assignments simultaneously with minimal required direction from his/her supervisor.
- Ability to represent the company's interests, objectives and policies in a professional and responsible manner.
- Ability to make effective oral presentations and work as part of a team.
What's on Offer
- Growth opportunity- extensive opportunity for promotions and a larger role
- Fast paced position supporting multiple functions
- Highly competitive base salary
- Stock options
- Annual bonus incentive
- Great benefits package
- Extremely fast-paced, growing environment
- Exciting portfolio targeted towards the fight against COVID-19