- Competitive Base Salary with Bonus
- Rapid Growth Opportunities
About Our Client
Based in Trenton, my client is an expanding Property and Development firm that is seeking a Sr. Property Accountant to support their growing portfolio. This is an opportunity with a window for quick promotional growth as they diversify and increase their portfolio in the Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey market.
- Compile and analyze financial information in preparation for entry into various financial statement and accounting reports.
- Make appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger.
- Prepare, verify, and disseminate monthly financial statements, supporting schedules, statistical analysis, and other accounting reports.
- Monitor expenditures and advise management about variances relative to the budget.
- Ensure that all business licenses, certificates of operation, inspections, and appropriate records are current and properly maintained.
- Review, bill, and collect recurring tenant charges; maintain accurate tenant ledgers.
- Cash Flow preparation and projections as necessary.
- Prepare and process CAM reconciliations.
- Review lease administration; maintain accurate and up-to-date rent rolls for each property.
- Assist in property audits.
- Ensure all required inspections are scheduled and completed.
- Manage and distribute all tenant correspondence, including late payment/renewal notices.
- Actively participate in special projects and department initiatives.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience; including 2+ years accounting in the property or construction space.
- Experience reading and interpreting commercial leases.
- Demonstrated capability with budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, and staff management.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Excellent record-keeping and file maintenance.
- Must be able to relocate or reliably commute to Trenton, NJ.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary and Bonus
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401(k) and Match
- Paid Time Off
- Hybrid (Remote) Schedule