Sr. Property Accountant
Incredible Growth Opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a well known Full Cycle property management company.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Review and analyze financial data for 10-12 properties to ensure accuracy
- Assist in the monthly reconciliations of all monthly closeout activities
- Prepare financial reports for management, investors, and banks
- Provide support and assistance to the operations teammates on accounting related matters for properties
- Complete a variety of special projects including automating and increasing efficiency's of processes, developing training materials, creating value-add reports, and providing support to other departments
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a minimum of 5-7 years of work experience; CPA or previous public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of GAAP and experience with financial reporting.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience training staff
- Good organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working at a fast pace and under tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills:
- General understanding of advanced computerized accounting systems
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Yardi is a plus
- Strong attention to detail with unwavering integrity
- Desire to thrive and be successful in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Discounted rent at any properties owned by Management Company