Sr. Quality Manager
Beverage or Food Manufacturing Quality Experience
Bachelors Degree, PCQI and SQF
About Our Client
My client has been in the business for 12 years and is a health conscience food manufacturer that has a BRAND-NEW facility in LA. This person will have oversight of all quality within multiple departments of the organization.There is exciting growth potential for this role as they continue to add more shifts and experience growth overall!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. *MUST have experience implementing from starch-startup experience strongly preferred*
- Weekly meetings with Quality Director, Production Director and Production Manager to assure strategic direction of processing and packing activities.
- Provide examples of personal skills to lead the way in food safety and control
- Formulate, direct, and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for the quality assurance department.
- Manage internal and external auditing of quality systems.
- Oversee the resolution of non-conforming areas.
- Audit company policies, procedures, and systems that affect product quality to assure compliance with the company's quality system and good manufacturing processes. Prepare documents and reports.
- Work with production personnel in an advisory role to assist them with quality issues within their departments.
- Hold and Release Protocols and strict adherence to the policies
- Provide quality training to production employees.
- Troubleshoot and resolve product quality problems by researching problems, analyzing data, and developing solutions to problems.
- Oversee analytical work done at each step of the production process to assure that quality control standards are maintained.
- Review and approve the purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Ensure completion of the preventative maintenance and repairs of equipment.
- Hire, train, monitor, and assist employees.
- Enforce company policies, establish performance standards, and evaluate employee status.
- Oversee plant sanitation and pest control programs. Ensure compliance with HACCP, process and quality SOPs, and adherence to GMP standards.
- Interface with consultants, third party auditors, and county, state, and federal agencies as pertains to audits, GMP, HACCP, regulatory, quality, and food safety issues.
The Successful Applicant
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Leadership skills
- Ability to listen
- Ability to team build and communicate challenges and wins each day
- Ability to learn new regulations and translate those ideas to awareness on processing floor
- Organized with systems, filing, communication tools
- Create and initiate trainings each day to fulfill food safety regulation and OTJ Requirements
- Ability to problem solve and create efficiencies within organization
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree
- College Degree or Work Experience commiserate
- Certifications are an advantage (PCQI, HACCP, SQF, BRC)
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Product or industry-specific experience
What's on Offer
We offer competitive health benefits packages, PTO, compensation and the ability for career progressions/growth.