- Sr. Superintendent Role for a Growing Metro Detroit GC ($100,000-$130,000 Base)
- Strong pipeline of projects within commercial, retail, multifamily, Industrial
About Our Client
Our client is a $240 Million fully integrated general contractor located in Detroit with construction projects throughout Metro Detroit. As a large, well-established company, its commitment to employee success is excellent. They are looking for a strong Sr. Superintendent - Construction to grow and develop with their resources and expertise.
The key responsiblities of the Sr. Superintendent - Construction are:
- Coordinate the work of all construction substrates in conjunction with the main office.
- Arrange, monitor, and be present for agency inspections.
- Read and comprehend the information contained in architectural, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and landscape drawings and specifications.
- Review shop drawings and other reports prepared by testing and inspection agencies * Prepare and monitor RFI's.
- Prepare daily report forms and progress photographs.
- Actively engage design professionals, subcontractors, project managers, and local officials, when needed, to problem solve, mitigate conflicts, and resolve disputes.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly job site; and enforce job site safety standards.
- Working knowledge familiarity with computer operating systems (Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel); and opening, preparing, scanning, printing, and sending PDF files and other documents.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Sr. Superintendent - Construction candidate will have:
- 10+ year's experience in commercial construction
- Complete understanding of the construction process
- Must be proficient in reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Willing to take on multiple responsibilities and complete a variety of tasks to complete projects on time
What's on Offer
On offer for a Sr. Superintendent - Construction candidate is:
- $100,000 - $130,000 base salary plus vehicle allowance
- Bonus plan ranging from 10% - 30% of base salary
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects (commercial, retail, multifamily, and institutional)
- Focus on progressing it's team
- Vehical Allowance + Company Car
- Clear communication, great work environment
- Excellent reputation in the industry
- Full Health benefits and 401K
- Paid 4 weeks vacation and 11 federal holidays
- Paid maternity and paternity leave