Sr. Superintendent - Ground Up Multifamily Construction
Reputable National Owner Builder
Opportunity to lead complex Multifamily project
About Our Client
My client is a well-capitalized private real estate firm with expertise in investment and development of multifamily projects. The company is a leading National Owner Builder which has been in business for over 2 decades and is in the process of growing out their Seattle branch.
- Provides pre-development input of construction techniques and job cost.
- Coordinate pre-construction meetings with each trade partner prior to execution of work to set expectations.
- Conducts material take-off prior to construction to schedule subcontractors, purchase order deliveries, and verify quantities.
- Creates final project schedule along with the Director of Construction and assist with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Maintain and update project master schedule and look ahead schedules weekly.
- Aids in compilation of and review all subcontractor scopes to reduce scope gaps and minimize risk of potential change orders.
- Supervises and resolves subcontractor disputes and monitors quality of workmanship and materials on project.
- Oversees subcontractor submittals with construction and development teams.
- Maintains daily and weekly status of safety reports on project for supervisory review.
- Directly supervises the activities of the Superintendent, Finish Superintendent, Field Engineer, and general labor.
- Creates and maintains site logistics plan.
- Ensures record drawings & SWPPP/BMP progress maps maintained.
- Prepares and maintains the detailed daily work log with all categories reviewed and filled out.
- Creates and manages RFI's.
- Monitors execution of pre punch lists, contractor punch, owner punch & quality control throughout the process.
- Oversees project photos are regularly taken.
- Organizes and executes weekly schedule and safety meetings with subcontractors.
- Provides construction status at OAC meetings.
- Promotes safety on the projects and monitors subcontractors' work is in compliance with the comprehensive project safety program and assists with OSHA inspections.
- Conducts exit meeting with 3rd party inspectors.
- Reviews and approves subcontractors' and suppliers' pay requests.
- Manages all construction administrative functions on the project.
- Oversees project close-out including finalizing record drawings and collecting close-out documents.
- Creates a highly motivated team of Associates and trade partners at the community.
The Successful Applicant
- Field Construction background is required.
- Extensive Multifamily Project background with proven ability to lead the team
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing. (MS Word, MS Excel, MS projects, Bluebeam, and Procore)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver's license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary + annual bonus + Project completion bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Vacation, sick, holidays, and person days
- Truck, gas card, computer allowances