Sr. Superintendent - Pharma/Biotech Construction - Durham
Top ENR Construction Manager with international parent company
Exciting, headline local projects and above market compensation
About Our Client
Michael Page has been retained by a national construction management firm with a storied history in the Carolina's market. With an established presence in Raleigh-Durham, the office builds predominantly in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and commercial markets in the RTP and surrounding area, with work typically $20M - $40M range but have built $100M projects. Since the business has focused on its core markets, they have proven market stability during any economic turns. The business is seeking a Senior Superintendent with a track record in pharma construction to join the team and report into the VP of Operations.
Please apply below now for immediate consideration or contact Harry directly at 617-8247-2662.
Reporting into the Vice President of Operations, the Sr. Superintendent - Pharma/Biotech Construction - Durham will be responsible for the following:
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with subcontractors to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries. Manage the site through completion.
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues.
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications.
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards.
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Sr. Superintendent - Pharma/Biotech Construction - Durham will have the following attributes:
- 10+ years as a Superintendent for a general contractor
- Proven project experience in the Pharma or biotech markets of $20M+
- Comfortable leading projects and managing a large project team including other Superintendents, interfacing with owners as needed
- Bachelors Degree preferred but not required
- Strong oral communication and written skills
- Proficiency in software Viewpoint, BIM, Prolog, etc. is a plus
- OSHA 30 Hr Certification required
- local to Raleigh-Durham, although candidates who are relocating will be considered
What's on Offer
The successful Sr. Superintendent - Pharma/Biotech Construction - Durham will receive:
- Base salary depending on experience, $110,000-$135,000
- Full benefits package complete with Health, Vision, Dental insurance, 401k match
- Company vehicle and gas card
- Yearly bonus based on individual and project team performance
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing business and market leader!