Staff Accountant - General Contractor - Nashua, NH
Reports directly into the Director of Finance & Administration
Based in Nashua, NH
About Our Client
My client is a boutique, partner owned General Contractor with revenues of approximately $ 20m. They are base in the South but their Accounting function is based in Nashua, NH.
Staff Accountant required to join General Contractor in Nashua, NH. Reporting into the Director of Finance & Administration, main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Accounts Payable - review invoices and lien waivers to determine accuracy, obtain job costing, change order information, and approvals from project managers, enter invoices in QuickBooks
- Expense Reports - review & audit expense reports; obtain approvals, and enter into QuickBooks
- Resolve billing discrepancies and inaccuracies
- Review and maintain documents, including contracts, certificates of insurance, W9, lien waivers, invoices and pay applications.
- Ensure that all required documents are received from vendors for each project
- upload and organize documentation in SharePoint and QuickBooks
- Accounts Receivable - create estimates in QuickBooks for newly awarded projects; enter invoices against estimate. Assist CM Director with monthly billing on construction management projects.
- Reconcile and allocate American Express, Home Depot, & TW Perry Account activity
- Use Tax - track use tax activity for monthly payment
- Prepare monthly job cost reports for each project
- Prepare and update Disbursement report for each project in preparation for check runs
- Prepare Certified Payroll Reports
- 1099 Processing
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing, including journal entries
- Assist with annual financial and insurance audits
- Assist with special projects and other duties as requested or needed.
Apply today for immediate consideration.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will posses 5+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong QuickBooks experience
- Experiece of accounting/ bookkeeping within the construction industry (ideally a General Contractor)
- Strong knowledge of AIA construction documents, and contracts
- Strong knowledge of job costing.
What's on Offer
- $60,000 to $ 65,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus (up to 10%)
- Competitive benefits package.