Located in Houston, Texas
Seeking a Staff Accountant
About Our Client
My client in Houston, Texas is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team.
The Staff Accountant role is responsible for supporting the accounting department by preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, account analyses, supporting the monthly close process and participating in other general accounting projects as assigned.
- Account Reconciliations and Journal Entries: Prepare and record monthly account reconciliations, analyze general ledger accounts on a regular basis and prepare recurring and other journal entries to support the monthly close process.
- Reporting: Performing monthly reporting and accounting close duties. Support the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages.
- Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable: Assist in the preparation of invoices, and processing vendor / expense report payments.
- Compliance: Follow appropriate accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP, IFRS and other applicable regulatory policies and standards.
- Monthly Analyses: Analyze various general ledger accounts on a regular basis, including intercompany and cross-border transactions.
- Cross-functional support: Participate in special projects and support other accounting functions as needed.
- Audit / Tax Support: Assist in audits and tax preparation processes, providing information on a timely basis.
- Budgeting: Assist in the preparation of budgets as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in accounting or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking preferred
What's on Offer
My client located in Houston, Texas is offering a competitive salary plus great benefits.