USD1 - USD2
Incredible opportunity with one of the best non-profits in Philadelphia
Incredible colleagues, great work environment, strong benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a large social services non-profit in Center City.
- Verify vendor documentation for payment authorizations, coding and mailing address, including maintaining W-9 files; manages the annual preparation of 1099 forms.
- Support with monthly close which includes but not limited to calculating overhead, recording revenue, generating monthly activity statements and invoices, and tracking payments when needed.
- Enter and reconcile accounting schedules such as, depreciation, prepaid, prepaid travel, Xerox, postage, telephone and create journal entry.
- Reconcile all credit card activity to GL.
- Process incoming checks by maintaining the daily cash receipts log and distributing the checks and related information appropriately.
- Research and respond to program staff inquiries about specific transactions.
- Prepare/review journal entries for reclassifications of revenue and expenses related to grant and program reports.
- Assist program staff with grant reporting and compliance of allowable costs.
- Support program staff with monitoring of sub grants and ensure program staff are performing necessary duties of monitoring sub grantees to ensure activities are being carried out and completed.
- Support the planning, preparation and review of annual organization budgets.
- Manage the process of tracking status of each contract until its execution by both parties and sending out the updated budget manager list when needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Candidates must display a professional demeanor, attention to detail, task prioritization, and demonstrate clear goal orientation and a strong work ethic.
- Candidates should have a strong analytical mind with experience in financial analysis and account reconciliation.
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams, to produce quality results within tight timeframes and to be flexible.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet stated deadlines.
- Experience in not-for-profit organizations preferred but not required
What's on Offer
- temp-to-perm opportunity
- excellent working environment
- fantastic colleagues
- exceptional benefits
- flexible work schedule