Exciting new career
Opportunity to work with a large organization
About Our Client
A major and well know Logistics company has an opening for a Staff Accountant to join their team. This position reports to the Senior Financial Accounting Manager and is responsible for supporting the monthly financial close, balance sheet and P&L analysis, account reconciliations, audit support and other projects as assigned.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Demonstrate an understanding of general accounting processes
- Assist with month end close processes to include but not limited to the preparation of journal entries, timely financial reporting and account reconciliations.
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts utilizing Blackline, with specific focus on accounts relating to cash and intercompany
- Execute established system of procedures and internal controls to accurately record financial transactions.
- Assist with both internal and external audit requests * Special Projects as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
MUST HAVE RECENT STAFF ACCOUNTANT EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 3 years of experience in the accounting field.
- Intermediate proficiency level in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with an ERP system (PeopleSoft, MS Dynamics, Oracle, or SAP).
- 1-3 years of experience in a publicly traded company.
- 1-3 years of experience using Oracle E-Business Suite (R12)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the accepted accounting principles (FASB & GAAP). Professional Skills
- Experience with GL operations and reporting chart of accounts, month-end, journal entries, account analysis experience and financial statement analysis
- Experience working with a fully integrated accounting system preferred. Experience engaging in process improvement initiatives.
- Experience with financial statement preparation for a multi-entity organization
- Experience with Shared Services / off shore model.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits
- Job Type: Full-time