- Consumer Goods/Energy Company based in Brooklyn
- Looking for Staff Accountant
About Our Client
The client is a consumer goods/energy company based in Brooklyn. This opportunity is based hybrid.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
● Prepare timely and accurate customer invoicing daily; work closely with Operations, Logistics, eCommerce/Marketing and Customer Service departments to ensure accuracy and completeness of invoices;
● Send out periodic statements to customers for collections; follow up and resolve collections with customers;
● Post customer payments by recording eCommerce settlements, checks, ACH's, wires and credit card transactions;
● Research and resolve customer A/R issues;
● Initiates and resolves collections on past-due accounts by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line;
● Reconcile AR accounts and resolve billing inquiries as required;
● Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers; and
● Resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and Qualifications:
● Data Entry Skills
● General Math Skills
● Financial Software
● Analyzing Information
● Attention to Detail
● Reporting Research Results
● Verbal Communication Requirements/Experience:
● Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
● 2+ years' experience in AR/AP
● Advance mathematical and logical deduction skills
● Experience with customer service and client communication
● Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
● Intermediate to advanced Excel spreadsheets
● Familiarity with accounting software programs
● May be required to work outside of normal work hours during audits, month and year end periods
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package.