- Hospitality organization based in California
- Are looking for a temporary Staff Accountant
About Our Client
This client is a hospitality organization based in California. This is a remote opportunity.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Support month-end Closing process and review of individual store P&Ls
- Act as a liaison to store Managers, responding to inquiries and providing accounting support
- Process invoices and enter invoices into the general ledger system where necessary
- Report sales and other taxes following the guidelines of the specific state in which the reporting is required
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and balances
- Support payment to vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal ID numbers, scheduling payments, confirming contract requirements, reviewing invoices, or researching payment discrepancies
- Ensuring credit is received for outstanding credit memos including vendor with overall credit balances
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
- Additional roles, such as treasury management and cash forecasting
The Successful Applicant
- 1-3 years accounting experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Word
- Proficiency in NetSuite
What's on Offer
Competitive hourly rate and benefits package.