- Well known non-profit organization based in Manhattan
- Are looking for a Staff Accountant
About Our Client
Well known non-profit organization based in Manhattan.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities entail;
- Prepare journal entry support
- Assist various entities with accounts payable and prepare related bank reconciliations
- Assist with day to day accounts receivable activities including drafting bills for international broadcast, publishing and productions
- Assist with reconciliations of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss accounts
- Assist with the financial close within the accounting system
- Collect data from various foreign offices
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess;
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is preferred
- Experience in a related finance and accounting role is preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills, technical accounting proficiency, effective problem-solving skills and strong ability to interpret accounting information/reports
- Ability to work under pressure and cultivate and develop key relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required along with the ability to effectively interface with external contacts, internal management, and accounting and finance team
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems is preferred
What's on Offer
A competitive hourly rate and benefits package.