- Reputable Non-Profit organization based in Yonkers
- Are looking for a Staff Accountant
About Our Client
Reputable Non-Profit organization based in Yonkers.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities entail;
- Integrate and incorporates into all aspects of work performance the mission and values of the institution as outlined by the administration
- Prepares bank reconciliations
- Maintains the general ledger by preparing detailed entries, batching entries and preparing monthly analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements, tax returns, operating and capital budget, and cost reports. Audits work papers and miscellaneous reports.
- Preparation of fixed asset work sheets at year end.
- Records, controls, makes bank deposits and prepares reports on the statement of cash position.
- Responsible for recording of all transactions pertaining to investments.
- Reviews and batches the Payroll interface to the general ledger.
- Assists in special projects.
- Performs account reconciliations as requested.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess;
- Experience with JD Edwards or NetSuite.
- Degree preferred.
- Minimum of one to five year's experience in general accounting.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Competent in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Mathematical aptitude including exceptional analytical skills'
What's on Offer
A competitive hourly rate and benefits package.