Strategic Sourcing Analyst - Plastics/Resins/Chemicals
Fortune 200 Manufacturing Conglomerate
Highly visible role with ample career growth opportunity
About Our Client
My client is a Fortune 200 manufacturing conglomerate with a diverse product portfolio across several major business lines. With over 100 years in business and stellar stock performance, they are a financially strong organization hiring top talent in the Chicago area.
My client offers amazing benefits including 100% tuition reimbursement after one year of service and a flexible work environment.
- Negotiate purchase agreements and contracts with suppliers, based on internal policies, budgets and quotes in order to obtain plastic, resin, and chemical commodities in the best conditions of cost, quality, service and response times.
- Contribute to the delivery of the Procurement Strategy in relevant categories
- Lead and implement negotiations for materials
- Be skilled at developing and delivering a negotiation strategy, with a strong understanding of the relationship between risk and reward.
- Manage strategic suppliers by developing and monitoring key performance metrics. Collaborate with department stakeholders to evaluate supplier performance. Lead supplier business review meetings on a regular basis.
- Drive year-over-year savings in accordance with corporate objectives through competitive bids, direct negotiations and/or process changes.
The Successful Applicant
- 2-5 years of strategic sourcing, engineering, or consulting experience
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field
- Strong analytical skills within Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, macro familiarity, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills within a complex organization
- Demonstrated success managing a strategic sourcing project
What's on Offer
The target compensation for the Strategic Sourcing Analyst - Plastics/Resins/Chemicals is commensurate with candidate experience and highly competitive with market standards.