Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirects
Fast-growing Global Manufacturer
Individual Contributor Role - Develop, Lead and Implement a strategy
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in their industry seeking a creative and highly strategic individual to add to their growing indirect Procurement team. This client envisions having a procurement function that is nimble and proactive in implementing high-level strategies. If you are the type of professional who likes a challenge, this could be for you!
- Identify and achieve cost reductions through strong analytical and leadership skills, meeting year-over-year cost reduction goals
- Lead contract negotiations with internal business partners to execute contracts that protect the business interests of GCP, while providing best overall value. Oversee and advise on Service Contract structure and Terms and Conditions.
- Develop supplier relationships to quickly resolve issues, create and execute the category strategy, and ensure supplier alignment with the direction of the business.
- Apply industry best practices and market trends to create forward-thinking category strategies, including the implementation of technology/ analytical tools.
- Ensure that all suppliers under control meet or exceed Days Payable Outstanding (DPO) objectives.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required; a Masters is a plus. Professional Certification (CPM, CSPM) is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 4 years indirect sourcing and category management experience including all phases of strategic sourcing and category strategies, supplier relationship management, project management etc.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to influence senior management through effective communication and presentation skills and persuasive positioning
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects from conception to completion in a fast-paced, global team environment
- Excellent presentation skills both verbal and advanced powerpoint skill is required; Six Sigma and or LEAN certified is a plus
What's on Offer
Target Compensation for Indirect Procurement Manager is $135K-$145K + 25% Bonus