Strategic Sourcing Manager
Develop, Lead and Implement a strategy
Ample career growth opportunity with a growing company
About Our Client
Our client is a manufacturing leader in their specific industry, generating more than $1Billion in revenue domestically in the US. They are currently in search of a Sourcing Manager to execute the strategy for Chemicals.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Leads all sourcing activities and implements cost reduction initiatives and strategies
- Manage $100M+ in direct chemical spend.
- Develop strategic plans and processes to drive cost reduction, improve quality, deliver on time arrival of product, and assess risk.
- Spearhead the negotiation process of long-term agreements for the betterment of the business
- Analyze spend, market position, & other factors to optimize company performance & efficiency
- Lead cross-functional team(s) in the identification of alternative product/suppliers, facilitates qualification trials, and conduct supplier management to drive continuous improvement
- Establish & maintain relationships with vendors
- Prioritize safety as a key value and foster a safe work environment for managed category
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years' experience in a procurement function
- Experience managing chemicals or other commodity material categories with a proven track record of results (i.e - sourcing alternate resources/suppliers, cost savings, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytic and computer skills
- Experience with SAP or other ERP software
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
What's on Offer
The target compensation for the Senior Commodity Manager - Raw Materials is $130,000-170,000 base salary + bonus commensurate with candidate experience.