Stress Testing & Scenario Design Director - Modeling
One of the largest international banks
Large job scope
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest international banks in the world.
This Role will:
- Develop and maintain processes/routines to identify internal and external emerging risks and ensure subsequent risk assessment occurs and act as a Subject Matter Expert for risk identification and assessment-related activities.
- Define stress testing standards and frameworks across credit, market, operational and other risks based on the risk identification framework and emerging risks. The role will encompass both scenario design and broader stress testing with a focus on bottom up and top down credit portfolio stress scenarios across Combined U.S. Operations.
- Have an excellent understanding of modern credit risk management practices and relevant regulation and knowledge of portfolio credit risk modelling techniques (model design; calibration; usage), transition matrices as well as knowledge of current expected credit loss methodology (CECL).
- Use forward risk identification, view of controls and forward-looking stress tests to help articulate risk appetite and tolerances.
- Possess excellent knowledge of risk and is very analytical such that he/she is able to weigh trade-offs in design and present pros/cons of different approaches and interpretation of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Present approach and results to executives and board level committees as well as technical committees.
- Be expected to work closely with other teams, such as Credit & Portfolio Risk, Market & Liquidity Risk, Operational Risk and IT to identify and implement appropriate data platforms to support enhanced stress testing, particularly with respect to credit risk.
- Coordinate the Capital Planning process including stress scenarios, developing the plan and presenting results to senior management and Board Risk Committees.
The Successful Applicant
- 10+ years of experience in risk management with experience leading capital stress testing across a broad array of risk types. Excellent grasp of CCAR and regulatory initiatives with experience in stakeholder management and regulator face time.
- Excellent financial modeling skills with a strong quantitative background, including knowledge of statistical packages (i.e. R or Matlab).
- Knowledge of regulatory and best practices regarding risk process and risk frameworks including counterparty credit risk, liquidity risk and operational risk.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to simplify complex issues as well as the ability to provide effective challenge to senior members of business line and risk management across the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate these skills to capture content rich issues and drive complex initiatives; masterful in PowerPoint at distilling, rendering and visualizing complex issues in an accessible manner for executive, senior and technical audience.
- Enterprise-wide knowledge of risk appetite and links to the capital base / risk capacity with the ability to engage with data management and reporting team to source data, identify additional data sources relevant to current risk environment, and synthesize data to develop a cohesive assessment of the risk factors and convey contextual significance for both senior management presentations and regulatory reporting.
- Knowledge of US regulatory requirements, risk process & risk frameworks including financial results and liquidity profile, operational risk, market risk, and or counterparty credit risk. Good exposure with risk analysis, scenario analysis, and stress testing.
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Great opportunity to lead the team
- Stable working environment