Superintendent - Austin
Opportunity to join a top firm within the Multifamily Construction market
Strong pipeline with notable projects
About Our Client
Our client, a well known and respected General Contractor in the Central Texas market is looking for a talented Superintendent to join their team team.
- Schedule and supervise all labor and materials on the jobsite
- Coordinate subcontractors and suppliers to ensure work gets done efficiently whilst ensuring the work meets the highest quality standards
- Ensures project is completed within the budget; schedule from start to finish
- Complete daily project reports with detailed information on events that would impact the project
- Handles or oversees the disposition of required office correspondence and administrative paperwork such as official forms, daily reports, time sheets/tickets, safety reports, etc.
- Is responsible overall construction project safety performance. Assures employees are properly trained or instructed in performance of duties to which assigned.
- Manage construction risk and liability for the company, including contracts, safety, insurance compliance, and quality control
- Lays out work for subordinate supervisors and lead persons and is jointly responsible with the Project Manager for having material, tools, equipment, information and appropriate manpower in the proper place.
- Interfaces with representatives of the General Contractor on day to day project scheduling and overall performance issues.
- Provides general supervision to subordinate foremen engaged in the installation of electrical feeders; equipment such as pumps, motors, and generators; control and distribution apparatus such as switch gear, relays, and circuit breaker panels; lighting fixtures and outlets; and related connections and terminations.
- Monitors work as performed, directs subordinate supervisors and crews, and schedules work accordingly
The Successful Applicant
Minimum 5+ as a Project Superintendent on large scale, mixed-use and/or multi-family projects
- As an alternate, more than 5+ as an Assistant Superintendent on large scale construction projects
- Possesses strong knowledge base in all divisions of commercial and mixed-use building project components including foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, and exterior wall systems
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use PDF, spread sheets, online plan rooms and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or engineering a plus
- Proven track record: long term employment, stability in jobs, great references
- Strong leadership skills, detail oriented, strong computer skills
- Ability to train and coordinate a team
- Maintain relationships with clients, vendors and subcontractors
- Knowledge of various construction disciplines, scheduling, cost control, quality control and engineering drawing
- Ability to foster a strong relationship with the client and act in a professional manner always.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary including truck allowance, cell phone allowance and competitive bonus structure
- Full medical, dental and vision
- If position requires travel, per diem is offered