Superintendent - Cold Storage (Traveling)
#1 Ranked Chicago Contractor
Nationally known company with industry leading benefits and compensation
About Our Client
My client is the #1 General Contractor is the Chicagoland area. With a reputation of producing quality work at the highest level, my client is in need a Superintendent that will help continue this reputation in the light industrial and cold storage space. This client is known throughout the US and has a presence in Chicagoland in excess of a $1B per year - making them the largest GC in a single market in the country. Any Superintendent within this company is taken care of extremely well (high compensation, bonus, travel bonus, 401(k), car allowance, etc.) and with an average tenure of 12 years, it will most likely be the final company you work for. Superintendents are vital to this company and are given completely control over the project schedule and finances.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Participate with the project manager in preparing a schedule of construction activities and their sequence, the organization structure, staff selection, and the manpower and construction equipment requirements of the project
- Direct and control the total construction project to meet specifications and within the allotted time schedule in an efficient manner to produce the expected profit
- Assist the project manager/engineer in their duties including prompt shipment of materials and permanent equipment and obtaining approvals of shop drawings and material samples
- Coordinate the activities of subcontractors to permit them to perform their work effectively and to integrate it with project schedules and progress
- Inform all supervisors and subcontractors promptly of any construction schedule changes
- Assist in the preparation of all job progress and cost reports to accurately reflect actual costs
- Review and approve all requisitions, field purchase orders, invoices, and other significant reports and documents
- Cooperate with the owner and his representatives, keeping them informed of construction progress
- Cooperate with architects or owner representatives on an amicable basis, but in the long-term interest of the company
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in construction, engineering or architecture related fields strongly preferred; or, equivalent training and related experience.
- Minimum of five year's supervisory experience as a Superintendent leading complex projects
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling and cost control.
- Proven record of success on singular large-sized projects or multiple small-sized projects. Ground-up experience for projects in the $20M-$100M
- Must possess a thorough understanding of construction technologies such as scheduling software and other associated construction software (such as Asta, PlanGrid, BlueBeam.) Ability to read and understand blueprints is a must.
What's on Offer
- Vehicle allowance, per diem, and living expenses on traveling jobs
- An airplane ticket home every 2 weeks when traveling
- Business expenses and mileage reimbursement
- Industry-leading performance-based bonus program
- Generously funded profit sharing
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Tuition reimbursement for associates
- 1-month paid sabbatical after every five years of employment, plus $5,000 for travel
- 1-week paid volunteer leave each year
- 100% charitable match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 100% paid 10-week maternity leave