Superintendent (Commercial Construction)
Pipeline of projects through 2021
About Our Client
Our client a mid-sized, reputable general contractor located in Ft. Lauderdale is seeking a solid Commercial Construction Superintendent to join their team. Ideal candidate must have a proven track record ground up and interiors.
- Manage day-to-day activities to meet project milestones and ultimately meet or beat project completion date.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications.
- Has knowledge and experience with other trades scope of work.
- Maintain daily and weekly logs of construction progress
- Maintain jobsite safety, health and cleanliness
- Daily inspection of construction site to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other applicable regulations.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to produce issues and plan coordination problems prior to beginning construction of the project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, subcontractors, and clients
- Ensure project documentation and reports are complete
- Attend all necessary jobsite meetings, whether onsite or offsite
- Manage the punch lists and close out of the project
The Successful Applicant
- 4 year degree in construction management, engineering or architecture preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of commercial construction experience
- Advance knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Knowledge and experience in Prolog or similar Project Management Software
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base
- Strong bonus structure
- Gas and Cell Allowance
- PTO & Sick Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan