- Upward mobility and industry leading benefits/compensation
- Strong pipeline of future projects and always bidding on new work
About Our Client
Well known and respected general contractor within the DFW metroplex. Steady pipeline of projects as well as strong business development sector keep the client busy year round. They focus on mixed-commercial buildings as well as some multi-family. This is a great opportunity to get on board a growing company that offers employees great benefits and work life balance.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Uphold our values and promote a safe construction site.
- Create and manage the project schedule in MS Project and determine the most advantageous sequencing of work.
- Management and coordination of day-to-day construction field operations.
- Ensure project conformance with all safety standards, building codes, plans, specifications and best construction practices.
- Direct, schedule and coordinate subcontractor work.
- Read all types of plans: architectural, structural, MPE, civil, etc.
- Work successfully with Owners, consultants and governing agency representatives.
- Lead weekly subcontractor coordination and safety meetings.
- Review and coordinate submittals and shop drawings.
- Resolve field issues through the RFI process.
- Maintain the highest level of Quality Assurance.
- Ensure adherence by all site personnel to OSHA, State and Federal, requirements.
- Documentation of daily job site activities and conditions.
- Manage and coordinate project inspections, permits and sign-offs.
- Manage the billing process with the Project Manager including subcontractor bills, material supplier bills and Owner billings.
- Other necessary functions as required for a safe, well-built project.
The Successful Applicant
- 2+ years experience as Superintendent on commercial projects at a general contractor.
- Be committed to safety and quality matters.
- Be focused.
- Be detail oriented.
- Have strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Work well with others.
- Be able to resolve discrepancies effectively.
- Manage time effectively.
- Be proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, Procore and Bluebeam.
- Manage workload efficiently.
- Be willing to help others as requested.
- Be a team player.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary of $80,000.00 - $100,000.00
- Comprehensive benefits package to include: 401(k), Dental insurance, Employee assistance program, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Parental leave, Vision insurance
- Upward mobility
- Bonus potential