- Become an experienced Estimator with Chicago's most reputable General Contractor
- Bring valuable insight on preconstruction matters within a collaborative team
About Our Client
Our client is one of the nation's largest and most respected construction firms, building out world-class interiors with innovative, environmentally-friendly processes. With offices in Illinois and Ohio, this company specializes in commercial interiors and furnishing. Employees can grow their career by developing, challenging, and leading the advancement of the building industry. Employees are given a work/life balance with unmatched benefits.
* Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
* Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
* Communicate with project team regarding ASI's, RFI's, and Material Submittals.
* Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
* Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
* Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
* Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
* Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
* Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
* Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
* Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
* Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
* Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
* Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
* Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- Ability to review drawings and specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize various tasks and manage time efficiently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project
- Detail oriented and ability to work in a fast paced environment
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects
- Work with a growing company
- Complete oversight of your projects
- Benefits with little cost to employee
- 401k Match
- Flexible work schedule
- Family benefits