- Industry Leader in Distribution Center Construction
- Fast Track to Management and Lucrative Bonus Structure
About Our Client
Our client is Large-scale developer in the Indianapolis area. They take on larger warehouse, industrial, and distribution center developments with large revenue and profit. They complete new construction, ground-up, tenant improvement, and maintenance. Our client prides themselves on their strong relationships in the field and their retention of employees through a very engaging, work hard, play hard environment.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Superintendent will:
- Plan and supervise work of field Associates, subcontractors, and vendors-includes determining method of construction, staffing levels, material quantities, equipment, power sources, and work schedules.
- Determines and coordinates the sequence and manner in which work will be accomplished by subcontractors, self-performing Associates, and other parties involved in the project consistent with construction and contract documents, the Project Manager's plans, and established schedules.
- Maintains ongoing communications with estimating, project management, and business development Associates to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule. Ensures that the work being completed is consistent with client expectations.
- Communicates major issues (accident, inspections, job site difficulties, etc.) with the Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Resolves construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.), complaints, and grievances within the workforce as required and with the necessary documentation.
- Monitors and maintains a safety program including documenting and correcting unsafe work practices and work hazards. All on-site activities are carried out in strict accordance with safety and loss control/prevention activities and applicable OSHA (state and Federal) regulations.
- Adheres to Quality Assurance processes, procedures, and policies for all project work.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work site that is secure from unlawful entry and protects the public.
- Receives and properly stores all materials and equipment that are delivered to the job site
- Maintains assigned tools and construction equipment in good working order.
- Schedules equipment to achieve maximum use and minimize the need for rentals.
- Prepares all reports, records, and forms as required.
- Identifies and implements cost and time saving measures.
- Participates in in-house schedule logic reviews, weekly project team meetings, and client meetings.
- Submits and uses OFI process for current and future projects.
The Successful Applicant
The Superintendent will have:
- B.S. in Construction Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in construction field.
- Previous Warehouse or Light Industrial Construction Experience preferred
- Proven success in on-site management and oversight
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to run multiple jobs at once.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- strong time management skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary $90K-$110K Base
- Growth Opportunities
- Being crucial first step to winning projects
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K Match
- Profit Sharing
- $1,000 Home Office Reimbursement
- 100% Paid Health Benefits
- Maternity Leave - 8 Weeks
- Paternity Leave - 4 Weeks
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- 10 Company Holidays
- Paid Virtual Workouts With Personal Trainer